Monday, April 30, 2012

T-4...What Next?

That is the $57,500 (plus 6% interest) question, now isn't it?  What next?  In 6 weeks I will have completed four years of college and have obtained a Bachelor's of Science with an emphasis in Accounting.  Yes, I will have a piece of paper stating I have mastered BS.  The best part is, I will be paying through the nose for it.  Ugh.


I have no idea what to do now.  Most people would go look for a new job.  Maybe I should. But, there in lies the problem.  I have a job.  I have a job that I usually (sometimes....for the most part...at least occasionally) like.  The flaw, of course, is that part of the point of college was to ensure that I would be able to support my family.  Well, I just tacked another bazillion dollars of debt onto us.  Therefore, I have to do something, now don't I?


Here's where it gets really hairy though.  I have to factor in all of the benefits of my current job.  I won't share them all here - that's my business.  I can assure you, I have made multiple pros and cons lists.  The damn shame is, I still don't have an answer.


*sigh*  Aren't things suppose to be easier once you have a degree?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe just get a feeling for what's out there and look around a bit. It's definitely really hard leaving a job you already like, but there are new things to like too so I'd say go for it! And if nothing really catches your eye, you already have a job now so no harm no foul :)

    ReplyDelete