Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And so it goes...

(Billy Joel by the way - if you were wondering....the title of the blog....)

Ok, anyway.  Here we are...on Tuesday oddly enough.  Never would've called that one.  It's 8:47 in the morning and I've already pondered punching three people.  That may be a new record.  HA.  Who am I kidding?  There's no way that's a record.  So let's talk about it....

First, I may be a bit bitchy.  I might have gotten up about 15 minutes late.  It's possible that I look like the bride of Frankenstein because I didn't have time to do anything with my hair and have only a bare minimum of make up on.  Kindly look the other direction if you see me today.  I know I look like shit thanks.

No arguments in the house this morning.  No arguments in the car.  No assholes (ok, no major assholes) on the road.  Made it to work in a decent mood....minus the fact that I know I look frightening.  First thing I see on my desk is a subpoena.  This is not uncommon.  What IS uncommon is that fact that they are subpoenaing not only the records BUT requiring me to show up in court.  Seriously?  This falls into the blog from the other day when we discussed assholes getting divorced.  I have to take a day out of my time to go to court because you act like a 3 year old and can't figure out how to split a bill?  Are you fucking kidding me?  GROW THE FUCK UP.  I don't get it.  I don't care how much you hate your ex or soon to be ex spouse, can you not pull it together to figure shit out?  I realize I have never been divorced (thank goodness) but I know a good many people who have who do not act like fucking idiots.  Come on now, pull it together.  Don't fuck up my day because you're stupid.

Then I toodled over to the hospital to pick up paperwork and water and some breakfast.  After paying for breakfast, I walked over to grab some utensils to eat with....most people eat eggs with utensils, right?  Well, a "lovely" hag was standing directly in front of the utensil dispenser having a truly enlightening conversation about "housekeepers putting their coats in MY office.  I mean really?  Why are they even in my space?"  I, politely, said excuse me as she had paused in her in oh-so-interesting story.  She glares at me and says, "Can't you see we're busy here?"

-______-     Excuse me?  I will admit, I tried very very hard to shut my mouth, but sometimes I just can't....no matter how hard I try.  I responded, "I can definitely see how busy you are whining.  Can you possibly move your conversation to a table so I can get a fork?"  I proceeded to be incredibly rude and walk between her and the poor person she was boring to death and grabbed my fork. Moving right along...

I don't know about you, but I DESPISE it when people go thru my stuff.  If you need something, ask me.  There is no need to rifle through my stuff.  I have nothing to hide, but I find it disrespectful, invasive and rude.  Well, I of course, had to witness that happening this morning and then have someone give me grief about the stuff they found.  Seriously?  Can you please go away?

And then there's the fact that the website we use to get our work done each day is down.  That helps.  Whoopee!  It's a great day. 

Where's the fucking "do over" button....

1 comment: